Select Your Ideal Upcountry Farm Adventure
Unforgettable & Exclusive Hawaiian Experiences
Visit Haleakala National Park
Explore the Amazing Diversity of Maui and its Upcountry area
Spend a full day exploring Haleakala and Upcountry with its stunning scenery on this private guided tour. You’ll get to taste some of Maui’s best delicacies and dine in the local restaurants while enjoying the island’s impressive vistas. Haleakala is the biggest volcano on Maui and a visit to the National Park as well as Upcountry is a must with its history, culture, and traditions making it a truly memorable experience for all your senses.
$795 for 1-2 pax
$165 for each additional passenger
- Entrance fees to Haleakala National Park ($15pp) & Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm (if applicable)
- Water, juices, & soda
- Hot beverages and snacks
- Rain ponchos, reef-safe sunscreen
- For sunset option: camping chairs, blankets, hand warmers
- 8 am
For sunset option upon request:
- April 21 to September 20: 1 pm
- September 21 to April 20: 12 pm
- We’ll pick you up from your hotel, cruise ship harbor, airport, or meet you at a Park & Ride.
- Ask for details/select your pick-up option in the booking form.
- Pick-up fee applies for West side locations.
Every day, year-round
- Lunch: no-host lunch at local restaurant
- Entrance/tour fees at Upcountry farms (Except Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm)
- For sunset option: +$20pp for pupu platter/dinner, or no-host dinner at local restaurant
What to bring
- Warm clothes
- Comfortable walking shoes
Visit Haleakala & reach the summit to peer into its crater
Marvel at the amazing moonscape-like scenery from the volcano summit
Catch sight of the Big Island’s Mauna Kea across the Alenuihaha channel
Look out for the unique silversword plant
Keep your eyes peeled for the resident Nene, the native and emblematic goose!
Do a Maui farm tour - choose from an incredible selection in the area!
What You'll Do
We start the day by heading straight up to the summit of Haleakala, Maui’s 10,023 ft volcano. It’s often chilly up there, between 20 and 40 degrees less than at the coastline, so don’t forget your hoodie and/or jacket!
We like to take our time at the summit to marvel at the amazing moonscape-like scenery, peer into the “crater,” and catch sight of the Big Island’s Mauna Kea across the channel. We will also keep an eye out for the unique silversword plant. We can stop at several lookout points to get different views. Maybe we will even come across a pair of resident Nene, the threatened native Hawaiian goose and official state bird.
Afterward, we can go for a short forest walk to find our colorful endemic birds—if you’re a true birder though, we recommend you book our dedicated birding tour(opens in a new tab).
We make our way down the mountain, and depending on your afternoon itinerary, we can stop for a farm-to-table, no-host lunch at either the Ocean Vodka Cafe, the Kula Bistro, or the Hali’imaile General Store. For something more casual, we can head to the Ulupalakua Ranch for a grilled burger, and you can cross the street to check out Maui’s only winery. The lunch location is up to you, so let us know if you have a preference!
In the afternoon, you can do Maui garden tours or/and visit a farm, the choice is yours:
- Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm Tour
- Kula Botanical Gardens (separate entry fee $10pp)
- Kula Country Farms (seasonal themes: pumpkin patch, pick-your-own strawberries – farm stand & locally-made gifts)
- Surfing Goat Dairy (guided visit and tastings available)
- Ocean Vodka distillery tour (guided tour & tasting $15pp)
- Maui Pineapple Tours (2-hour guided tour, $65pp)
Of course, we can’t visit every place, and some of the above require reservations, so please let us know what you’re interested in and we’ll craft a custom itinerary just for you!
We offer the option of starting later in the day, so you can experience the Haleakala Sunset, in which case we would start Upcountry, then head to Haleakala Summit. Sunset option by request: please give us a call to inquire about availability.