Exclusive Tour of a Chocolate Farm
Memorable Haleakala Sunset Tour
Make Your Own Hot Chocolate!
Make Your Own Chocolate And Watch An Amazing Sunset
This is your chance to experience the chocolate-making process from start to finish at a Maui cacao farm before enjoying an unforgettable Maui sunset at the summit of Haleakala. You will take part in a private chocolate tour, enjoy a tasting of chocolates from around the world, and make your own hot chocolate drink to sip while watching an epic sunset above the clouds.
- $1,385 for 1-2pax
- $215 for each additional passenger
- Exclusive, private 2-hour chocolate tour at “Maui Chocolate & Coffee Tours,” plus a thermos with your own chocolate drink
- Entrance fees to Haleakala National Park ($15pp)
- Dinner at local restaurant or large pupu platter
- Water, juices & soda, hot beverages & snacks
- Camping chairs
- Hand warmers
- April 21 to September 20: 12 pm
- September 21 to April 20: 11 am
- Also available as a daytime tour, departure 8 am
- We’ll pick you up from your hotel, cruise ship harbor, airport, or meet you at a park & ride.
- Ask for details/select your pick-up option in the booking form.
- Pick-up fee applies for West side locations.
Fridays only, year-round
1-8 people maximum
What to bring
- Warm clothes
- Comfortable walking shoes
While this tour can be customized to fit your physical abilities and can be very mellow, guests still must be able to enter and exit the vehicle unassisted. Please contact us for details.
Witness the most awe-inspiring sunset from above the clouds
Make your own hot chocolate drink to sip on and warm you up while you enjoy the sunset at 10,000 feet
Experience the exclusive chocolate tour at Maui Chocolate & Coffee Tours on a local organic Upcountry farm
Participate in a guided tasting of 6 chocolates from around the world
Enjoy a delicious dinner at a local restaurant or our locally-sourced organic pupu platter
What You'll Do
We start the day with a tour of Kupa’a farms, where you will learn everything about how cacao is grown, harvested, fermented, dried, crushed, and processed to become the delicious treat we all love. You’ll also get to taste 6 different chocolates from around the world, including some from Hawaii, guided by your chocolate specialist.
You’ll then participate in the process of making your own hot chocolate drink from scratch, that you can bring with you to the summit and sip while watching the amazing sunset.
After the farm, we head for a delicious dinner at a local favorite, Kula Bistro. Or, if you wish, we can head straight to the summit and enjoy our locally sourced, organic pupu platter (substantial enough to replace dinner). Just settle down on our camping chairs and wrap yourselves in blankets to witness the most amazing sunset you’ll see on Maui!
- We strongly recommend that you bring all the warm clothes you have and wear long pants and closed shoes. Around sunset at the summit, temperatures can drop very quickly down to the 30s and there’s often a wind chill.
- This tour is available during the daytime, with Haleakala first (in the morning), and then the chocolate tour at around 1 pm.